St. George's Church, Dublin
Exterior view of church, with portico, pediment, steeple and gothic spire, and surrounded by railings. Several figures in the foreground: a boy in a tall hat with a well-dressed women approaching the entrance of the building, and a stooped man with a stick accompanied by another child. The pediment of the building bears a Greek inscription which translates as 'Glory to God in the highest'.
This print was incorporated by Miss Hammill into her diary of travels in Wales and Ireland (1828-1829). It appeared in G.N. Wright's Ireland Illustrated (1831) and Wakeman's Dublin Delineated (1831), in both of which it is inscribed 'Fisher, Son & Co London 1829'.
Rosalind M. Elmes and Michael Hewson, Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings (Dublin: Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975).
E. MacDowel Cosgrave, ‘A Contribution Towards a Catalogue of Nineteenth-Century Engravings of Dublin (Continued)', The Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, Fifth series, vol. 37, no. 1 (March 31, 1907), 41-60.
George Newenham Wright, Ireland illustrated: from original drawings by Geo. Petrie, W.H. Bartlett, T.M. Baynes and others (London: H. Fisher, Son, and Jackson, 1831).
Inscribed in Image
[W.] H. Bartlett / R. Winkles
Caption outside of boundaries of image –
St. George's Church, Dublin.